Who are we?
We are an independent consulting firm dedicated to the alternative investment funds industry, encompassing hedge funds, private equity funds, fund of hedge funds, private equity real estate funds and fund of private equity funds.
- Assist fund managers and other financial institutions in obtaining regulatory approvals and licences;
- Assist fund managers and other financial institutions in devising governance, compliance and conflicts policies and act as appointees to a funds’ advisory, governance, conflicts or other boards and committees;
- Assist fund managers and other financial institutions in preparing for regulatory inspections and assisting in post regulatory inspection follow-up;
- Provide fund managers and other financial institutions with compliance solutions and advice on meeting on-going regulatory compliance obligations;
- Assist fund managers and other financial institutions in dealing with regulatory reporting and dealing with regulatory authorities.
(for fund managers / sponsors):
- Advise on the entire fund formations process. This would include advising on fund structuring, provide documentation, assist in selecting service providers, co-ordination between investors and fund managers, handling investor due diligence, and project managing the entire fund formation process;
- Assist international fund houses in their expansion and re-location plans to Asia, particularly to Hong Kong and PRC;
- Conduct due diligence on alternative investment funds and fund sponsors;
- Assist in the investment process into alternative investment funds;
About the Founder
AltQuest Partners was established by Ben Wong. Ben was qualified as a lawyer in New South Wales, Australia in 1998, in England and Wales in 2003 and in Hong Kong in 2011. He was previously a lawyer in the Sydney, London and Hong Kong offices of preeminent international law firms such as White & Case, Mayer Brown JSM and Norton Rose Fulbright, as well as being an in house deal counsel at Citi. Ben has immense experience in the asset management industry, having over 10 years of experience focused on acting for fund managers and investors in private funds. His clients on the fund manager’s side have ranged from start-ups, boutique asset managers, asset management arm of large international banks and securities firms. His clients on the investors’ side have included sovereign wealth funds, fund of funds, large financial institutions, single and multi-family offices, and high net worth individuals.